Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ของฝากผู้อาวุโส
napman Offline
VIP member

Likes Given: 91
RE: ของฝากผู้อาวุโส
myakira Most people keep their guard up during [inter-religious Wrote:dialogue. That?s not true education. They try to discredit others; that?s not the path toward mutual understanding.?

?I try to avoid saying that Buddhadasa?s views the right ones. I?d rather say that his views are sensible and sound. Other people may not agree with me.

?But when people hold on to such things, they become objects of worship. If people do not hold on to them, they cannot be sacred. These things don?t have their own power; it?s the people who gave them power.

When one is able to grasp the common essence, external differences are no longer pose a problem. For example, Haji Prayoon continued to practice his routine prayers even when he went to study dharma with Buddhdasa at Suan Mokkh.

?I accept that it?s true. I needed to break away because I wanted to be liberated from the cage. I wanted to be a free human. Because I wanted to be a human, I had to break out; otherwise I would have continued to be like an animal.

?This understanding is not limited to the thing called religion, be it Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Brahmanism, Sikh, and so on. It?s about understanding dharma that has no other name besides dharma.

?Those who are still hung up with the old beliefs and values, be careful lest you become like the dinosaurs. This is the age of computers, of space [travel]. We have to catch up; otherwise we?ll be left behind.

?In Thailand nowadays (1955-present??) the [development of] thoughts and practice has progressed to the stage where there is this ahimsa-karma [non-violence] among different religions proponents. They share ideas and help bring peace to society, and eventually to the world. I can see this is hard work. But never give up. This ideal has already taken place at Suan Mokkh, with Than Acharn as the leader of the movement. This mission will be carried on by his students, and many more who will share his ideals in the future.?

Coincidentally they both passed away in the same year. (coincidentally? Really?)

Both Buddhadasa and Haji Prayoon not only taught us to understand that rue religions only differ on the outside, but that at the core, they all aspire for the same goal.

Both also led their lives by showing that friendships among different religions are possible.

They paved the way. Will we follow?[/color]

Dear Muk my child,

These are heavy GIFT for me, and I'll venture to bet that not too many of us here will read each and every word or even get to the last line,
but there'll be one person that will accomplish it besides you and I. That person is "Maew" and he's about as young as you are!

I had a chance or two exchanging our ideas about this matter with him, and we agree that we'd do it again in the future when the opportunity arises, now it seems like we can be a trio in stead of duo. You are deep person my child like I said before especially at your young age. You and Maew have taught this old man something that I never would have thought possible and I'm grateful for that.

It's always enlighting me to talk about Buddhadasa and Dhama, I've never fail to read his books if I ever had a chance. In fact when I arrived in USA I had only few books in my hands and one of them was his book. I'm not in a Buddhist camp or as a matter of fact any other camp. I'm just another curious cat searching around for the real truth of what we are?, why we are? Where we came from? or even where will we be after our shells crumbled? If there's really such truth exist?

Carry on my children, I'll be gone from this place before you know it. Carry on my wayward sons and daughters. The choices are yours.

Just be aware as they say "One man's treasure is another man's trash",
you just have to carefully approach the right people Rolleyes
[A friendship needs a little mulch of contacts every so often-just to save it from drying out completely.

I always have great pleasure being alone by myself to play, If you're playing for any other reason, it won't last.
http://youtu.be/_tkGVGOKQ8c
13-07-2009, 05:52
Website Find Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ของฝากผู้อาวุโส - by napman - 13-07-2009, 05:52